The Poster API supports the HTTP POST method for submitting custom sector data for rendering. Three variations are supported:
- POST Form Data
- POST File Attachment
- POST text/plain Content
- scale in pixels/parsec (default is 64)
- subsector index (A-P); if not specified, whole sector is rendered
- rotate the image, 1 for 90° clockwise, 2 for 180°, 3 for 90° counterclockwise
- rendering options
- rendering style
- Image format depends on selected options ("Candy" produces JPEG, otherwise PNG)
- If subsector is specified, only that subsector is rendered
- Scale is pixels/parsec
POST Form Data
- POST with encoding type "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
- Sector data is specified as HTML form field "data"
- Options specified in the URL query and/or POST variables
- Metadata in XML (example) or MSEC format may optionally be specified as an optional "metadata" field
Select a sector, or enter your own data below:
POST File Attachment
POST text/plain Content
This cannot be done through a Web page except via XMLHttpRequest, which doesn't make a distinct demo than the examples below. However, it is the simplest format for most HTTP clients to work with.
- POST with encoding type "text/plain"
- Sector data is specified the content
- Options specified in the URL query
- Only sector data (.SEC) is supported, not metadata (borders, etc)